ELIGIBILITY, ENROLLMENT, SYLLABUS,
FOR GRADUATESHIP EXAMINATION
FOR GRADUATESHIP EXAMINATION
1. EligibilityExamination is open only to the students of the Institution who fulfill the following qualification and experience requirements.
2. Enrollment of StudentsStudent shall be a person enrolled on application to the Institution in prescribed form. He shall be not less than 18 years of age shall have passed 10+2 (Senior Secondary Examination) of a recognized board of education or university or a recognized equivalent examination or have passed a Diploma in any Engineering stream of Minimum 3 years duration after passing Metric/Secondary examination of a recognized Board of Education or University or a recognized equivalent examination or have passed Sub Officers Course from National Fire Service College, Nagpur and shall be actively associated whole time or part time in Fire Fighting, Fire Prevention or Fire Engineering during the period of his Studentship in Industrial/City/State/Central Govt. (including undertakings). The completed application form for enrollment with full details of Educational Qualifications, Job assignment/nature of work undertaken and experience from the employer or head of department alongiwth attested copies of certificates in support of qualifications along with DD of `1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) as Enrollment Fee (Non refundable) in favour of “Institution of Fire Engineers (India)” drawn on any bank payable at New Delhi should be sent to the General Secretary, Institution of Fire Engineers (India) for consideration of the Admission/Membership Committee of the Executive Council of the Institution.
Fee once paid for enrollment shall not be refunded in any case. Therefore candidates applying for enrollment as student must satisfy themselves that he/she is fully eligible for enrollment as Student.
2.1 Candidate desirous to take up Graduateship Examination must get enrolled as a Student of the Institution prior filling the prescribed form to appear in Graduateship Examination.
2.2 Experience: - The candidate should be actively associated with the profession of Fire Fighting, Fire Prevention or Fire Engineering for at least Five Years.
Note: - Experience requirement is relaxable by two years for those who have passed the undermentioned examination/courses and as approved by the Council: -
- B.Sc. Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized University or equivalent.
- “Sub-Officers” Course from National Fire Service College, Nagpur.
- Three years Diploma in any Engineering stream from recognized University/Board or equivalent.
3. Graduateship Examination will consist of four papers as given below:- Paper 1. Fire Engineering Science
Paper 2. Fire Technology
Paper 3. Fire ground operations and fire service administration
Paper 4. Fire Prevention and fire protection